Star Reader and Performer
Duration: 60min/week, 12~15 weeks/term
Levels: SK-G1, G2-G3, G4-G6
1. Read a variety of world classic novels each year,
2. Increase reading comprehension skills;
3. Voice-dubbing and recording voice soundtracks for cartoons;
4. Cultivate tastes in performing arts;
5. Children will perform the stories that they have learned to cherish using props and costumes.
This course offers students opportunities to connect world classic novels with performing arts. By learning classic literature, students will have the opportunity to broaden views, cultivate tastes in arts, and practice their presentation skills. Throughout the course, students will read core chapters in books and perform different roles by reciting lines with creative bodily expressions while dressed in exciting costumes. Moreover, through the use of technology, students will audio-record their performances of scripts that they have co-created for various cartoons. These audio recordings will be dubbed into the actual cartoons themselves, a feature that gets all children excited about their learning! The goal of this course is to enlarge their vocabulary, build solid grammatical foundations, and enhance their reading comprehension strategies while having lots of fun!
| || |