Magic and Science
Duration: 60min/week, 12~15 weeks/term
Levels: SK-G1, G2-G3, G4-G6
1. Learn several fun magic tricks;
2. Learn basic scientific facts about the natural world around them;
3. Understand the principles of routine experiments, magic tricks and well-known events in the news related to science;
4. Develop a keen interest in science;
5. Develop self-motivation and the tools to continue to pursue scientific knowledge.
It is evident that children display a considerable amount of curiosity and interest in natural phenomenon in the early years of their lives; they like to explore the natural environments around them by touching, seeing, and hearing. However, with all of the technological devices and social media that are available to them at almost any time, their curiosity to learn the scientific facts behind such natural phenomena diminishes as they grow up and are submerged in a culture of smart phones, tablets, and computers. In our curriculum, teachers will engage our students’ natural curiosity through studying fascinating phenomena, amazing “magic” tricks, and well-known events in the news related to physics and chemistry so that students will develop a keen interest in science and rediscover the “magic” of the fascinating world that they live in.
| || || |