GRADE 5 – 8
Computer systems have a profound impact on the society and community, and developing computational thinking offers young minds a lens for understanding and working with technology. Learning to program encourages creativity, logical thought, and problem solving while fostering the personal, learning, and thinking skills kids need to be successful in the classroom.
Our program offers immersive task- and project-based exploratory learning. Tweens get to explore communication protocols, design networks, and formulate innovative algorithms for communication and digital control systems. They build a firm foundation in problem analysis, focusing on topics such as
- Instruction sets
- Exploration of Operating Systems
- Network design
- Managing digital data
- Intellectual property rights
- Safety and privacy
Coders will build skills using visual programing languages Scratch and Tynker. They’ll also complete projects on Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Wonder Dot and Dash, using a set of carefully sequenced projects. Student-assembled robotics and programmable devices are used in team and individual projects. The after school program is led by our panel of skilled instructors who guide learning, provide appropriate stimulation, and help tweens build the confidence to succeed.
• Develop in an understanding of computer technology and its role in society
• Develop in an understanding of the use of computers in solving a wide variety of problems in information and communication technology
• Activate foundational acquisition skills in computer programming which can be used in future training or studies
• Develop an appreciation of digital environments and their implications
• Encourage creativity and logical thinking
For the details, please contact us at email@example.com